April roundup of Vegas restaurants and noteworthy news
1. Good Pie at Pawn Plaza is hosting a vegan pizza party with Vegans, Baby on April 26. The Spring Fling will feature the one-night-only return of the hugely popular NUMU Vegan Cheese as well as live entertainment by Las Vegas’ Naked Elephant. Tickets start at $40 and include all-you-can-eat pizza, sliders, meatballs and knots.
2. Celebrate National Pretzel Day with local celebrities and media personalities on April 26 at Hofbrauhaus. There will be a pretzel-eating contest. The winner will receive $1,000 to donate to their favorite charity. Participating celebrities and media personalities include: Wayde King from Animal Planet’s “Tanked,” Jeff Civillico, Marc Savard, the Australian Bee Gees, Robert Kachelriess (Thrillist) and Russ White (Q Vegas). A Tailback keg tapping will follow the contest. Guests will also be able to enjoy Hofbrauhaus’ classic favorite twisted treat. The fun begins at 7 p.m.
3. Wetzel Pretzels is celebrating National Pretzel Day (April 26) by giving away pretzels at all of their locations. Customers are encouraged to share their free pretzel photos on social media (#nationalwetzelday) to receive another free pretzel.
RELATED: List of food events happening in Las Vegas
4. If you have a hearty appetite, you might want to try the restaurant “where the big boys eat.” Lumberjacks Restaurant is known for its “big portions of country-style home-cooked meals” and friendly service. Menu items include Big John’s Biscuit, the Logger’s Breakfast Burrito, the One-Pound Redwood Burger, the Sourdough Burger, a Pot Roast Melt, Jack’s Melt, the Ultimate Ribeye Steak, Southern Whiskey Top Sirloin, chicken-fried steak, hickory-smoked baby back ribs and fish tacos with rice and beans. The first Lumberjacks Restaurant opened in 2004. Owner Jeff Garrett wanted a place where individuals and families could have a meal that was delicious, hearty and filling for a price that wouldn’t break the bank.
5. Naked City Pizza is offering a new dining experience called Paula’s Supper Club. The first event featuring a pre-fixe menu will take place May 1. Menu items include choice of table side Caesar salad, seafood soup or Granda’s Cream of chicken soup; choice of bacon candle, truffle burrata, shrimp cocktail or stuffed banana peppers; choice of porchetta, Sunday Lasagna, stuffed chicken parmesan or crab stuffed shrimp and choice of Cherry Jubilee or Bananas Foster. Cost is $38.95, including soft drinks with beer and wine available at additional cost. Reserve a spot by email to Christopher@nakedcitylv.com.
6. The Vegas UnStripped Festival in the Las Vegas Arts District featuring Las Vegas’ top independent chefs is happening on May 12. Participating chefs include Brian Howard, Sparrow + Wolf; Chris Decker, Metro Pizza; Daniel Krohmer, Other Mama; James Trees, Esther’s Kitchen; Jamie Tran, The Black Sheep; Justin Kingsley Hall, The Kitchen at Atomic; Ralph Perrazzo, BBDs; Sherida Shu, Flock & Fowl; and Khai Vu, District One. Advance tickets are available for $65.